Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of internet browser do I need for this course?
- Do I need any special software to view the online lectures?
- You will need the latest version of Flash player. If you do not have the latest version of Flash you can download it FREE at the link below.
- What kind of Internet connection do I need to participate in this online course?
- You will need a Broadband Internet connection to be able to fully participate in the course.
- What can I do if the video segment I am watching freezes or pauses repeatedly?
- Make sure you have a high speed internet connection, and all other programs other than your web browser have been closed.
- Can I change my login details?
- Yes, you can make changes to your User Profile, username, email address, and password.
- Can I watch the video segments at any time without restrictions after the course begins?
- You can watch all available video segments without restrictions. In some courses, all video segments are available for the entire duration of the course. In other courses, video segments are made available over time, according to the schedule indicated in the course syllabus.
- Can I go back to watch video segments after the week mentioned in the syllabus passes?
- Yes, in courses that release video segments according to a schedule, you can view all current and past video segments that have been made available. Video segments do not expire once they are made available in the course.
- How many times can I view course content?
- Available video segments can be viewed as many times as you would like.
- Can I replay a part of the presentation?
- Yes, you can go to any part of the video segment by using your mouse to move the onscreen progress bar forward or backward.
- Can I pause the video and continue watching later?
- You can pause the video for a few minutes and resume watching. However, if you pause for too long, you will be logged out of the system and will have to log in again. You can manually resume where you left off by moving the onscreen progress bar to the desired location.
- How can I remind myself about my assignments in the course?
- Click on the "Course Syllabus" to review the course schedule and requirements. Keep a print out on hand for convenience if you like.
- Can I print any notes from the course?
- Yes. Each topic in the course has associated notes in a PDF file. You can click on "Notes" for each topic to view them in your browser or Acrobat Reader. The slides and notes are copyrighted material of the experts. However, you can view, save and print these notes for your personal use.
- Where can I learn more about the presenters featured in the course?
- You can read a short professional biography by clicking on each presenter's name shown on the course page.
- Where can I find out more about the subject matter covered in the course?
- You can find links to books, online articles and resources, websites, and organizations related to the topic by clicking on the "Course Resources" link shown on the course page.
- How many times can I take the Quiz?
- You can only take the quiz once and the results are recorded for assessment. Once you have taken the quiz the system will display the correct response to any wrong answer.
- What happens if I log out or stop in the middle of taking the Quiz?
- You can log out of the course at any time. However each time you log out and log back in you will need to navigate through the course to get to where you left off.
- Quizzes should be completed in one session. Any extended break in activity while taking the quiz might cause problems with scoring of the quiz.
- How can I participate in the discussion for each course?
- As a registered student of the course you post to the discussion board. For details on how to use the discussion board please see the following Forum Help link: http://www.classroad.com/elearning/forum/help.asp
- Can I post anything at any time in the Discussion forum?
- You should post any question, feedback or comment related to the subject when the course topic and video segments are current, according to the syllabus. You can visit the forum for previous course topics at any time to review discussions that have already taken place.
- Can I view my Activity Status and view a summary of the videos I watched, the quizzes I took, and the grade I got on the quizzes?
- Yes, you can view this information by clicking "My Current Activity Status".
- Can I view my classmates' activity status?
- No. However, you can view the overall course activity by clicking on "Course Activity Monitor".
- Can I watch video segments with my colleagues, in a group setting?
- No, you need to log in under your own User ID. Otherwise, your viewing activity will not be recorded in your Student Activity Status. As a result, you may not receive credit for your effort.